On July 7, 2021, the big news of Cabinet reshuffle in India came into the the light. The Indian Government under BJP reshuffled many ministers and staff in different ministries of India. It is reported that about 36 new faces took the oath over their respective positions which they are alloted by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi. There is no clear statement from BJP (Bharatiye Janta Party) about the politics and reasons behind these actions though it is reported that it is done because of the criticism faced by the in-power politicians (especially the Prime Minister and BJP Chief Ministers).
Here is the list of ministers who resigned:
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan was the Health Minister of India.
- Prakash Javadekar was the Environment Minister of India.
- Ramesh Pokhriyal was the Education Minister of India
- Ravi Shankar Prasad was the Electronics & IT Minister of India.
- Piyush Goyal was the Railway Minister of India.
- Hardeep Singh Puri was the Civil Aviation Minister of India
New ministers (2021 – present):
- Dharmendra Pradhan is the Education Minister of India.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw got two ministries as he is the Electronics & IT Minister and Railways Minister of India.
- Jyotiraditya Scindia is the Civil Aviation Minister of India.
- Mansukh Mandaviya is the Health Minister of India.
Is this right?
We cannot judge this decision at present as the ministers just came into powers and we are yet to analyse the points. Though, there are some appreciable points which should be acknowledged. Here are those:
- Women empowerment
It is reported that the share of women is increased with this new staff.
- More ministers
There were about 41 ministers handling different ministries of India after 2019 elections but now there are about 77 ministers.